How To Prepare Your Kitchen For New Worktops
Posted on 21st May 2021 at 16:03
It’s not every day you buy new kitchen worktops, and it’s a big investment that you need to take time and care over to get it right. After spending so much time choosing the right stone countertops for your kitchen, getting the measurements all done, and placing your order, the next step is preparing for the installation.
Unlike a lot of kitchen updates, installing stone kitchen countertops is a job best left to professionals, and the day of installation can feel like the culmination of a long process, so you want to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.
To help with that, and to ensure you have prepared the kitchen, we have a checklist of things for you to consider:
• Make sure that all your units and furniture are fixed in their intended place.
• The same goes for taps, hobs, sinks and white goods — make sure they are where they need to be.
• Have your sink templates at hand — preferably digital versions. Your sink provider should be able to provide this if you don’t have it.
• Fix any under-mounted sinks into their support cradles, with the top of the sink flush with the top of the carcass.
• To make things easier, remove your old worktops before the day of installation. Make sure that all your pipework boxing is completed.
With all that completed, your installers will be able to get your gorgeous stone kitchen worktop fitted correctly, and you can get on with enjoying your beautiful new kitchen. Surely everyone would be ready for a cuppa after that!
If you’re looking for more information about natural stone kitchen countertops, visit our website today.
This content will only be shown when viewing the full post. Click on this text to edit it.
Share this post: